What is the Liebster Award? Basically, Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing & welcome. Um, HI nicest words ever! This award is passed from Blogger to Blogger as a “keep it going!”! It’s an award for new bloggers with under 200 subscribers that is meant to encourage you to keep at it…because you’re awesome! Along with the award there are 11 questions asked, to help your readers get to know you better. So here they are!
I was so excited to get nominated for the Liebster Award for up and coming bloggers. I was nominated by Darcy at the Ruffled Stitch blog. She has the cutest creations for sale on Etsy at the Ruffled Stitch Shop. I will have to feature her stuff in the near future. Please check out her blog and shop because she is very talented!
1. What made you want to start blogging?
I originally started blogging because I wanted to share pictures of my projects and life with my family in NM. I didn’t think I had time for Facebook so I thought this would be better. Who knew my blog would take up WAY more time than Facebook ever would have.
2. What is something you have learned lately?
I have recently learned about link parties. They are so fun and bloggers link up their latest and best projects. Even if you aren’t a blogger, they are fun to browse. You can find my link parties here.
3. If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, what would you choose?
The 50s! I love movies from that time and would have loved to have been a singer or actor (even though I can’t act) on movies like White Christmas or Singing in the Rain.
4. Cheesecake or Normal Cake?
I love cheesecake so much! The best cheesecake in the world is the Pumpkin Cheesecake you can buy at Sam’s Club. Probably the best thing about fall!
5. What is the worst meal/recipe you have ever made?
The end product turned out good but I made my mom’s World Famous Tomato Rolls for my first Thanksgiving as a married couple for my husband’s family get together. My mom could make them in her sleep because she’s made them thousands of times and is a great cook…me not so much. I probably called her 20 times that day and it just was stressful! I probably won’t be making those again for a very long time but they are the BEST rolls in the entire world!
6. Name one dream of yours.
One of my dreams is to go see the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC. I watch it every Thanksgiving on TV and I want to see it in person with my family.
7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
In the mountains somewhere. I love the sounds of the trees, the smells, and the cool air.
8. What is one thing you can’t live without?
These days, my Dr Pepper. I took about a five year break from it and recently started the addiction again. It really can make your day better!
9. Do you follow directions/recipes/instructions, or wing it?
I follow instructions in the kitchen to the letter because it’s not my talent really. When it comes to crafting, I wing it and often change my idea 20 times during one project.
10. Name a memorable childhood moment.
A very memorable childhood moment is all of our trips to Santa Fe. My dad was in the National Guard and me and my mom and brother would go with him and just sight see all day long. I think this is where my love for NM comes from for sure and I love to go there and look at all of the places we used to go visit.
11. What have you learned from blogging?
I have learned that all of us mommies have so much in common and that is comforting. I have also learned that blogging is a lot of work but SO worth it and so fun!
I chose Alicia from A Sweet Fragrance as my nominee for the Liebster Award. She has such a positive and uplifting blog. I love her devotionals and will be following her journey living in another country while raising her little one.
Here are my 11 questions for Alicia:
1. Why did you begin blogging?
2. What do you miss most about the United States?
3. Who is an inspiration to you?
4. What is a dream you have for yourself?
5. What bible verse is most important to you?
6. Where is one place you must visit in your lifetime?
7. What is the best thing about being a mom?
8. What do you love most about living in Asia (spent a summer in Japan myself and loved the people there)?
9. Sweet or salty?
10. What is your absolute favorite movie of all time?
11. What have your learned from blogging?
Click here to see her answers!